"John Glen" (looks more like
AMW K1000 Skidmark
- Test new tower retention system.
- Test tower extraction system.
- Test a more advanced capsule recovery
utilizing drogue deployment of the main parachute after the tower's
chute removes the nose cap.
- Test recovery of the tower.
- Any other needed tests based on the
results from flight 2a.
- Tower will contain a timer to trigger
the deployment of its recovery system with a 1 second delay to assure
the capsule is clear of the booster before recovery begins.
- The capsule nose cap will be fastened to
the tower so that when it pulls away, it frees the drogue chute.
- Like last year, the tower will have live
- Capsule is the FAO Schwartz Friendship 7
with retro pack.
- Beautiful and stable launch.
- Tower didn't separate from the capsule -
improvements are needed for this system.
- Larger 12' parachute worked perfectly to
bring the booster down nice and slow.
- Booster camera mount broke again.